Sunday, September 7, 2014

WELCOME to KidLit World!

Welcome to Srividhya's World of KidLit !  As the name suggests, this blog is about children's books, which I am very passionate about.  My goal is to provide reviews of children's books from around the globe that I've been discovering in the wonderful Singaporean libraries since I've moved here.  Along with it, I will also be sharing with you my experiences, thoughts and information related to children's books.

It has been well over a decade now since I became an avid reader of children's picture books.  Yes, it started when I began reading to my own children.  I can never forget bundling up the kids in wintry Chicago and taking them to the local library for storyhour or simply to browse and check out an unlimited number of books generously loaned by American libraries.  

As a child, I read a lot of books authored by Enid Blyton as well as Indian comic books like Tinkle and Amar Chitra Katha.  But now, there is so much more to reach out for - books by Roald Dahl, Sally Gardner, Allen Say, Patricia Polacco, Ling Chang Compestine, Gloria Whelan, Anushka Ravishankar, Uma Krishnaswami, Jessie Wee... 
(it is impossible to name them all!).

I hope you will find the book reviews useful.  I like to keep them concise and not give away critical parts of the story.
 Do provide your comments and/or suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment